The benefits of purpose-driven living is:
- Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life.
- It simplifies your life with do’s and don’ts.
- Knowing your purpose focuses your life to concentrate your efforts and energy on what is important.
- It motivates your life. Purpose produces passion.
- It prepares you for eternity. (Warren,2004)
Although we want to live in eternity with Jesus Christ and God our father we must not lose sight of our purpose here on earth. I have read so many books where it seems the focus is on eternity so much that we forget to live the blessings of this life for God and his purpose for us. The parable of talents (Matthew 25:14-30) shares of three servants who chose different ways to handling their master’s money. Two of the servants invested and doubled their money not worrying about tomorrow. The one servant who worried about the what-if dug a whole and put the money in it. He believed this would please his master to not have used the gift he was given but to hoard it away. The two servants whom invested the money receive the reward while the one who was afraid received nothing.
God’s purpose for you and your life is here and now discover it and grow your relationship with him and eternity is yours.
Warren, Rick (2004). A purpose driven life. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.